Why street photography?
1. Because it is always work in progress.
2. Because we’re all looking for something.
3. Because we’re waiting.
4. Because it deals with the mundane, and reality can be mundane.
5. Because it’s another way of looking at ourselves.
6. Because it is artful waiting.
7. Because we’re born to say “Let there be art”.
8. Because it’s a way, like any other.
Published by eddietay
I am a poet and an educator. I have come to realise in recent years that the act of writing poetry has trained my mind to be always on the prowl for everyday moments that might be suitable material for my writing.
Hence, I turn to photography in order to record some of these moments. I soon discover that the photographs I am taking, using film rangefinder cameras which are more discreet and hence suitable to the task at hand, are in the tradition of street photography.
In search of poetry, I have become a street photographer.
What can Hong Kong teach me about street photography, and what can street photography teach me about Hong Kong?
This blog seeks to address that question.
View all posts by eddietay
2 thoughts on “Why Street Photography?”
Thanks so much for visiting and liking my travel blog. I love your photographs and am especially partial to street photography.